January 21, 2014

My Style: Fifty Shades of Grey


Today’s Look: demonstrates simplicity at its chicest.  While visiting Los Angeles over the 3-day weekend, I enjoyed the city scene and fashion.  For a casual outing and some sightseeing, I decided to keep it classy and sophisticated.  To start the look off, I first chose the multi-shades of grey top and black skinny jeans—a perfect combination.  The top is cut shorter than the typical length and the jeans are a sleek high-waist style.  Next, I chose a sparkly, dark metal necklace, two rings, and a bracelet.  I like how the jewelry pieces add to the ensemble without being distracting.  Finishing off the look, I chose my favorite oversized, black purse and sexy, new high-heeled pumps.  


Outfit Details:  Top by Basil Lola at Basement Marketplace, Jeans by Bullhead Denim Co. at pacsun.com, Heels by Victoria’s Secret at victoriassecret.com, Purse at Sage Brush Trading Co. (Flagstaff, Arizona), Necklace by Charlotte Russe at charlotterusse.com , Earrings & Silver Band Ring from AĆ©ropostale (Tucson, Arizona), Love Ring from Earthbound Trading Co. (Flagstaff, Arizona), Sunglasses by Wet Seal at Blink (Anaheim, California), Bracelet was a gift. 



Fashion Tip:  When looking for the perfect pair of sexy pumps, it's important to really look at the design.  The first thing I look for is a sleek, thin cut.  Having a bulky or round cut is not city-chic enough for me.  The second thing I look for is a heel with a straight back.  I don’t like it when the actual heel curves in before going down to the ground.  I like it to line up with the back of the shoe.  I definitely recommend the Victoria’s Secret VS Collection Pointed-Toe Pump.  They have a similar cut to Jimmy Choo but are a fraction of the price.


Photography by Billy Stuckman

Celebrities rocking shades of grey:


Miranda Kerr         Elle Macpherson         Hilary Duff         Alexa Chung        Kim Kardashian

No comments:

Post a Comment