September 3, 2013

My Style: Last Days of Summer


Today's Look:  is about celebrating these last few days of summer before fall arrives September 22.  To honor my favorite season, I chose to wear something beachy, fun, and classic.  When I think classic, I often think retro.  I started the look off with the high-waisted, denim shorts and chevron crop-top.  Next, I chose a straw, floppy hat and black, studded wedges. To add a 1950's touch, I wore red lipstick and black, cat-eye sunglasses.  Finishing the outfit, I chose black, flower earrings and straightened my hair to create drama in the look.


Outfit Details:  Crop-Top, Shorts, and Floppy Hat c/o Charlotte Russe , Shoes from shoedazzle.com, Sunglasses from Forever 21 (Tucson, Arizona), Earrings from betseyjohnson.com.  


Fashion Tip:  When wearing a big, floppy hat, and dark shades, don't overdo the jewelry.  The hat and sunglasses are the emphasis and don't require much accessorizing.  With the busy, chevron crop-top and button-decorated shorts, the outfit is already detailed; therefore, less is more.


Below, I included a wide selection of floppy hats from stripes to bright red.  


Floppy hat and picture links found here.


    Rachel Zoe        Paris Hilton       Blake Lively       Vanessa Hudgens       Jessica Hart

2 comments:

  1. Everyone keeps talking about the last days of summer, but it's still almost 90F here! I love this outfit, and anything pin up really. The shorts are great and those shoes! SO GOOD.

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete