August 2, 2013

My Style: How to Rock High-Heeled Ankle Boots


Today's Look:  is all about the camouflage ankle boots.  I have been wanting a pair of high-heeled ankle boots for awhile, but I never found the perfect ones until I saw these.  I love the coloring, the design, and how they're edgy but not overbearing.  To start the look off, I chose my lace-up boots, green skinny jeans, and embellished gray top.  I chose the From NY to L.A. top because I wanted something with writing, but not too much design so it wouldn't take away from the shoes.  Next, I chose my double pendant necklace and big silver hoop earrings.  Finishing off the look, I wore a silver watch, two rings, a gray and black headband, and my black fringe purse.


It has been debated about who came up with the heeled ankle boot design first and who did it better.  The top two contestants are Jeffrey Campbell and Steve Madden.  These two top shoe designers went to battle.  Jeffrey Campbell even went as far as to sue Steve Madden for allegedly copying his design.  Personally, I love both brands and both designs.  I would love to hear what you think.  Feel free to leave a comment!   Work cited and more information about the case found here.


Outfit Details:  Top at American Eagle (Tucson, Arizona),  Pants by Bullhead Denim Co. at PacSun (Tucson, Arizona), Shoes by Qupid at Charlotte Russe (Tucson, Arizona), Purse by American Eagle at ae.com, Headband at Claire's (Prescott, Arizona), Necklace and Earrings by Lucky Brand at Dillard's (Prescott, Arizona), Watch at Charming Charlie's (Tucson, Arizona).


Fashion Tip:  I know I have said when wearing camo clothing don't pair the camo piece with green, but with shoes it's different.  Camo shoes are rare and work very well with green articles of clothing without looking too army-ish.  


Trend Alert:  High-heeled Ankle Boots!  Below, I included a collage of high-heeled ankle boots and a link to them. 


Ankle Boots and Photos found here.  


Emma Roberts            Miranda Kerr           Ashley Tisdale         Kim Kardashian


No comments:

Post a Comment